For all Financial and
children related family disputes
Barclay Devere - Family Mediation Experts
Are you going through a divorce or separation?
Unable to agree on finances or child arrangements?
Want to be able to divide pensions fairly?
Barclay Devere Can help call us NOW
Benefits Of Mediation
- Confidentiality – meditation is a confidential process – the discussions cannot be used against either party as evidence in court.
However, there are a few exceptions for example when there is a potential threat to human life or safety.
- Voluntary – you cannot be forced to participate in the meditation process or forced to agree on your issues.
- Neutrality and impartiality of the mediator – a mediator will help you seek mutually agreeable solutions to the issues you’re facing without taking sides.
- Additionally, the mediator will not give advice or make any binding decision unless both parties give the mediator that power.
- Greater control – unlike in a lawsuit, parties are in control of the mediation process.
- Consequently, they have much greater say in discussions and over the outcome.
- Child-focused –family mediation is focused on the needs and interests of your children. It also offers a platform for you and your spouse to plan for the future care of your children.
- Preserves relationships – since meditation is a collaborative “win/win” process, it helps preserve relationships that would otherwise be destroyed through years of court.
Results that last
What Our Clients Say
Why Barclay Devere Is The Best Choice
We appreciate that any family upheaval, such as a divorce, separation or partnership breakdown, can be extremely traumatic for everyone concerned. This can be especially pronounced when children are involved particularly when the dispute concerns custody or access rights.
It is necessary still for martialseparation or a divorce to be made legally binding through the court process. However mediation has proved to be an efficient and effective way of settling many of the related issues that evolve. This may involve a dispute over the distribution of property, financial matters, over the arrangements for children or even who should have custody of a family pet.
Barclay DeVere endeavours to provide a safe, secure forum whenever children are involved that allows free-flowing, open discussion that encourages children to feel comfortable discussing their concerns without pressure from either parent.
WHY BARCLAY DEVERE
If you are experiencing problems with unruly, noisy or aggressive neighbours, or you are in dispute with a local authority, utility provider etc;
Barclay Devere can help bring about a self-resolution to your problem by mediating between the disputing parties.
Family mediation can assist any family in the process of separating or divorcing.
For individuals who are separating or divorcing conversations can consist of:
With the help of a mediator, the program can be anything you both accept go over and moderate.
- How possessions will be divided
- What occurs to the household house
- Where and how typically the kids will hang out with each mom and dad
- Their future education and social activities, so that you as moms and dads can put in place a complete parenting strategy now you have actually separated
- Assistance payments to be made
- And how kids will stay connected with their extended household and grandparents.
Family mediation is much quicker and less demanding than heading straight to court.
It is generally less expensive too.
It allows you to form long-lasting services that remain in your household’s benefits.
Family mediation enables families to keep control of their own fates. It assists form settlements over parenting, cash and residential or commercial property, instead of handing control over to the courts.
Anyone chooses not to attend family mediation, or if mediation breaks down, you or your ex might wish to make an application to the court. Unless there is a reasonable exemption to attend family mediation, it is a UK Family court requirement that an FMC accredited family mediator signs off the proper court form/s (c100/form a/fm1) as proof that you have actually thought about or attempted mediation.
The majority of mediation includes the couple meeting the mediator together.
If this is not safe or acceptable we can offer to meet you independently– either at different times or in different spaces. This is called shuttle mediation.
Also we conduct mediation via zoom, whats app, skype and facetime offering both safety and convenience
Each mediation meeting lasts in between 1 and 2 hours.
Usually 1 or 2 meetings will be required however some problems can be figured out in a single session.
Mediation even when they need several meetings are normally finished within 1 to 3 months.
If you decide to go down the court route this takes anywhere between 6 to 18 months. So mediation is much faster